The UTEX MP is a straight-line, pressure-balanced seal for handling anything from clean water to crude oil. The design features springs that are isolated from the product to prevent clogging and fatigue. No sliding elastomers are used that could create shaft or sleeve fretting. Solid carbon faces are used, eliminating the need for shrink fits and allowing easy in-plant repairs.
The seal has a slim line design that fits AVS and ANSI pumps. The seal's integral balance does not require stepped shafts or sleeves and can be used at operating pressures of 0 to 450 psi. UTEX MP seals are available through 6 sizes. Consult UTEX for specific design application information. View our Component Seals flyer.
- Metal Components
- Seal Face
- Standard 316 stainless steel
- Standard - CNFJ-B grade carbon
Available: Silicon carbide and special grade carbon
- Viton, EPDM, Neoprene, Nitrile, Chemtex, Aflas, Chemraz and Kalrez
- Operating Range
- -60°F to +400°F (-50°C to +204°C)
- 450 psi (31 bar)
- 3940 fpm (20 m/s)
- MP Features
- No dynamic o-rings in contact with the shaft or sleeve.
- Straight-line, pressure-balanced.
- Springs are isolated from the product.
- Solid rotating face.
- Slimline design.
- MP Benefits
- No shaft or sleeve fretting.
- Does not require stepped sleeve or shaft. Straight sleeves are less expensive. Allows easy conversion to a balanced seal.
- Prevents clogging and stress corrosion and cracking.
- Eliminates the need for shrink fit faces. Allows easy in-plant repairs.
- Fits AVS and ANSI pumps with no pump modification.
Available MP Rotating Units: